We always avoided the term “trade war” here, because it is not one. Nobody dies because of the tariff, not like in Cold War, at least may spies or people actually died in the conflict between two superpowers then. And in our posts in March, In March again, and in May and August, we always believed… Read More »
With various indices moving violently up and down, with the second largest economy in solid bear market territory, with Brexit overhanging European and British stocks, with FANG dragging down overall market every other day, it is the busy time here at Fuji Investment Corp. In October/November, we took pricing advantage to initiate/add to various positions… Read More »
“The best or nothing” – Mercedes Benz “The Ultimate Driving Machine” – BMW In the past few days/weeks, Mercedes and BMW reported their earnings. The results were consistently terrible. The stock price after earnings release reflected the disapproval from public market. Indeed, if we take a closer look at these German car giants, they are… Read More »
The peculiar state of Chinese economy Spent a week in China. Spoke to many friends who work in different parts of the Chinese economy: some executives in private companies who are listed in “OTC market” (新三板)、some investment professionals in wealth management companies、some medical staff, some manager of a movie theater chain and various everyday folks… Read More »
All the bulls on TV or news media have given up. In our recent quarterly commentary, we talked about the pricey situation with most of the index stocks in US equity markets. And in last week’s weekly post, we believe a correction or mild bear market might have been upon us. However, that’s not what… Read More »
Winter is coming. Because it is already late October. Or because most of the securities in US markets have been richly priced. We are not a market timer and our strategy has always been relatively independent from “the innings of the market cycles”. However, the key principle is always “to use the expected return as… Read More »
Fake news and real facts The past week we may have witnessed a major inflection point in financial markets. However, predict future is a darn hard task and we never imagined we have the high quality crystal ball to do that, so we won’t predict the future. We can examine some facts and some “fake… Read More »
Imagine that you face the following pair of concurrent decisions. First examine both decisions, then make your choices. Decision (i): Choose between A) Sure gain of $240 B) 25% chance to gain $1,000 and 75% chance to gain nothing Decision (ii): Choose between C) sure loss of $750 D) 75% chance to lose $1,000 and 25% chance to lose nothing What’s your decision?